Friday, August 10, 2007

NDP 2007
April-Aug 9
Zone 1 and 2 (:

I remember my first saturday ndp training at HQ. It was conducted by some zone 1 and 2 sirs/mams. It was so tiring and tough that I felt like quitting.

Subsequent tranings at HQ, we finally went to somewhere new - Nee Soon camp! We had to bag everything there except electronic devices as it was a traning camp. The sun there always never fail to bring us down. It was always burning hot. We trained from 11-6 and had kfc/pizza/buns/sunshine bread for dinner. I remembered that Adrian was the meanest sir there. Although it was quite tough there, it was quite fun too, especially with my squadmates (:

Then at 2june, we finally had the chance to train at the actual place. The place filled with mystery and excitement - Marina Bay floating platform! We had to camp outside the floating platform before every run at some shelter. It was when we first got our umbrellas! Then we started to mingle around and made some friends. The opening and closing umbrellas was super messy.

On one ocassion, the sun was SUPER STEAMING and the parade commander kept making the GOH contingent march in and out that many people fell out. The sj contingent was only left with half the people? And I can't help but remember the first and the last time my squadmates + evonne and the people taught the contingent gako geko piong. There was this girl brigade sir that tried to imitate us :/ and this bunch of gb people who took video :/ :/


Ah then we get to camp at suntec convention hall 401! However, training time got longer and extended from 10-8. Every saturday there'll be practice runs, truncated runs and the last parade. At every last parade we had to march out and in of suntec. We were watched by the public like noooooooo I dont want. Kfc/pizza/pineapple rice w disgusting uncooked fish nuggets for lunch/dinners. We made new friends, sang cheers, thrust balloons, poke umbrellas, took photos. It was heartwarming in a SJ contingent with so many fun people! Even Adrian sir got better and nicer. We watched fireworks together in our bus ride back to HQ. We sang national day songs and had our umbrellas stinked together :D Flying berets and hairnets, flooding toilets and much much more memories I could remember (:

-

It is really hard to put everything in words. 5 months of effort and sweat and fun and laughter and anger. Although until now I still don't know everyone in the contingent, I knew many fun and interesting people. :D

16 saturdays, 2 wednesdays, 1 national day (:

I experienced so much in the NDP 2007. I didn't expect so much in joining this actually. I merely joined for the fun of it. And I'm glad I did (: Maybe because of age difference, it was kinda hard to communicate w some of the other sj people older than us. But it was alright! :D I
love the contingent still (:
/
Seasons are changing and waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you, I'll be the one
I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
Indeed, we made the difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home